Empower Taekwondo is offering summer camp (full-day and half-day) for kids going into grades K-5th. Children will learn martial art techniques, get physical training, and enjoy fun activities.
Taekwondo Summer Training Camp
Updated July 1, 2020
Summer camp has started for kids going into grades K-8th, from 6/22 to 8/14. All camp weeks are full, so please contact us if you’d like to be put on a waiting list for a certain week. We have updated the camp details and our studio’s protocols according to the Governor’s COVID-19 Phase 2 (Extended) guidelines. We have also extended the camp to August 14 to correspond to the new Craven County Schools calendar.
Summer Camp Schedule
Week 1 – Week 8, 6/22 – 8/14
Monday – Friday
7:30am – 4:30pm
- Full-Day camp: 7:30am – 4:30pm $130/week/camper
- Morning camp: 7:00am – 12:00pm $90/week/camper
- Afternoon camp: 12:00pm – 4:30pm $90/week/camper
Extended care is available for $8/hour until 6:30pm.
The registration fee is $25/family. One time. Non-refundable.
The weekly fee can be paid prior to the start of each week.
Cash, checks, and credit card payments are all accepted.
Limited capacity; first come, first serve.
Please pack your own lunch, snacks, and a water bottle for your child.
COVID-19 Compliance Updates
Protective measures will be implemented to protect your children and our staff:
- We will take temperature of every child when they first enter the studio. Children with a fever will not be allowed to stay.
- We will clean and sanitize our equipment daily.
- We have purchased plenty of hand soap and hand sanitizer, and we will require all children to wash their hands frequently.
- We have set up designated practice areas that are at least 6 feet proximity, so we can practice social distancing and limit body contact.
Governor Cooper has issued an executive order requiring masks effective on 6/26. This requirement applies to our camp in the following ways:
- Who should wear a mask, and when?
– All adults should wear a mask while in the camp building, unless the exceptions below apply. This includes staff and also parents who are dropping off campers.
– Campers 11 years old and older should wear a mask while in the building, unless an exception applies.
- When are masks not required?
– When campers are younger than 11 years old (10 and younger).
– When outside and able to maintain social distancing.
– When engaging in strenuous exercise and able to maintain social distancing.
– When an individual has a medical reason that would make wearing a mask unsafe.
- Martial art training (forms, sparring, techniques, self-defense, etc.) – Physical training (cardio exercise, agility, flexibility training, etc.)
- Board games and crafts
- Music, dance, interactive games, story time, etc.
- If weather and transportation permit, we will go to Creekside park in the morning.
To register, please fill out the form below. Once we receive your registration, we will email you an invoice to pay the registration fee online with credit card.
If you have any question, please contact Master Hama at (252) 649-8452. Thank you.