2022 AAU Taekwondo Championship
Empower Taekwondo is proud to announce that we will be hosting the 2022 Carolina AAU Taekwondo Fall Championship in New Bern, North Carolina. If you or your organization are interested in participating, please register now and save your spots. We are still working on finalizing the details. Please check back on this web page or Empower Taekwondo’s Facebook Page for most updated information.
- Date: September 10, 2022
- Location: J. Murphy Smith Center (First Presbyterian Church)
508 Middle Street, New Bern, NC 28560
* This is an AAU Licensed Event. This event is sanctioned by the Amateur Athletic Union of the U. S., Inc.
* All participants must have a current 2022/2023 AAU membership.
* AAU membership application is included as part of the entry process for this event.
AAU Official Clinic / Seminar
There will be a Sparing Seminar hosted on Friday, September 9th, 2022 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm, at the same location as the tournament – J. Murphy Smith Center (First Presbyterian Church) (508 Middle Street, New Bern, NC 28560). It will be led by Master Issoufou Alfaga, a World Champion and Silver Olympic Medalist. We hope you will be able to join us. This seminar is FREE to all tournament competitors, and $60 per person for other guests.
- When: Friday, September 9, 2022, at 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Where: J Murphy Smith Center (508 Middle Street, New Bern, NC 28560)
- Fee: $60 per person. (Free to all tournament competitors!)
- Event Fees: $75 for one event, $90 for two events, and $10 for each additional event.
- AAU Membership Fees: additionally, AAU membership is required to enter the tournament, and it is $15 for youth (ages 1-20) and $25 for adults (ages 21-99).
Pre-registration is mandatory. Registrations must be received by midnight on August 27, 2022.
- Late Fee: there will be a $20 late fee for online registrations entered after the deadline: August 28, 2022 – September 6, 2022. No registrations will be accepted after September 6, 2022.
- Spectator / Coach Fee: admission fee to spectate or coach at the event is $10 per person. (3 yrs. & under Free)
- Forms (Poomse)
- Olympic Sparring
- Board Breaking
- Point Sparring
* Each athlete can select more than one events. However, only one sparring division is allowed for each athlete.
Saturday September 10, 2022
- 8:30am – 9:00am Check-in
- 9:00am Officials meeting
- 9:15am Open Ceremony National Anthem
- 9:30am – 11:30am Black Belts & Colored Belt Forms, Breaking
- 11:30am – Black Belts Sparring
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm All Colored Belts Sparring
*The exact time will depend on actual participation and subject to change.
Ranks (Belts) Guide
- NOVICE (white, yellow, orange)
- INTERMEDIATE (green, purple, blue)
- ADVANCED (red, brown)
- BLACK (Dan)
Awards will be rewarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place.
AAU membership is mandatory. If you are not on the AAU membership roster or do not have your membership card for the 2022/2023 year, you will be required to join AAU again. Competitors will be automatically enrolled in AAU membership for the 2022/2023 year through registration for this tournament. This requires a fee of $15 for youth and $25 for adults, which will be added to the entry fee for this event.
Coaches / Instructors Information
- Coach Fee is $10 / person.
- In order to coach at the AAU Taekwondo Championships, you must take the online Coach’s course.
- Coach’s attire will be enforced at this tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS. Warm-up pants and official blue AAU shirt.
- Coach’s shirt can be purchased at the tournament. $25.00.
□ Registration form and fee turned in by deadline, August 27, 2022
□ 2022/2023 AAU membership card. (Complete with Registration)
□ 2022/2023 AAU Membership Card
□ Mandatory 2022 Officials Clinic
□ Official AAU attire at tournament (White shirts & black pants)
Coaches and Instructors
□ 2022/2023 AAU membership card
□ AAU online Coach Training
□ Mandatory coach uniform (Dobok pants or warm up pants and official AAU blue coach shirt. Coach’s shirt can be purchased at competition)