Empower Taekwondo incorporates a balance of traditional and modern Taekwondo to instruct students as young as three to adults of any age in Eastern North Carolina.
The Legendary Art of Taekwondo
Taekwondo, also known as Tae Kwon Do, is the Korean martial art of self-defense. “Tae” means foot, “Kwon” means hand, and “Do” means art. Literally translated, Taekwondo utilizes the feet, hands, and mind as a system of self-defense.
Empower Taekwondo incorporates a balance of traditional and modern Taekwondo to instruct both children and adults in Eastern North Carolina. Our programs include professional martial art practice, after-school program, summer camps, and physical training. We customize our programs to suite members of different age, physical levels and experience.
This fully-accredited program is recommended for those seeking authentic Korean martial arts experience and training as we offer both Olympic-style and the traditional martial art of Taekwondo.
At Empower Taekwondo, our training programs guide adults and children to strengthen both their body and mind. Through the mastery of Tawkwondo, our students learn Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-control, and build an Indomitable Spirit.
The Ten Commandments of Tae Kwon-Do:
- I will be loyal to my country.
- I will honor my parents.
- I will love my family and cooperate with them.
- I will be faithful to my friends.
- I will respect my elders and care for my juniors.
- I will establish good relationships with my teachers.
- I will treat all living things with care.
- I will never seek advantage of those who are weaker.
- I will only use Tae Kwon-Do to benefit myself and others.
- I will always finish what I start.